To build a solid foundation for lasting success in life, a strong nutritional base is critical. The majority of people do not realize the negative impact poor nutrition has on one’s life. When the body is depleted of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes and nutrients that it requires to sustain itself it will systematically begin to break down.
The three greatest threats to one’s health are malnutrition, dehydration and toxicity. Below are some alarming facts that convey the vital importance of proper nutrition and diet.
Malnutrition: “The alarming fact is that fruits, vegetables, and grains now being raised on millions of acres of land that no longer contains enough of certain minerals are starving us. No man of today can eat enough fruits and vegetables to supply his system with the minerals he requires for perfect health because his stomach isn’t big enough to hold them.” - 1936 US Senate document no. 264
“In 1988 the surgeon general’s report on health and nutrition concluded that fifteen out of every 21 deaths in the United States involved nutritional deficiencies (almost 75%) – The Mars Venus Diet and Exercise Solution” page 184-185.
Up to 99% of all people have a mineral deficiency of some sort, the problem is that vitamins control the body’s appropriation of minerals, and in the absence of minerals they have no function to perform. Lacking vitamins, the system can make some use of minerals, but lacking minerals, vitamins are useless.
• Brain 85% water / Blood – 94% water...How can your body operate effectively when these two key elements don’t receive the water they need?
• Without water, hydrolysis can’t take place. It follows then that the hydrolytic function of water also constitutes the metabolism of water itself. What this means is that water itself needs to be broken down FIRST – hydrolyzed – BEFORE the body can use the various components of food. If you don’t drink enough water, your body can’t use the food you eat.
• Over 69 million Americans live in areas that exceed smog standards.
• Most drinking water contains over 700 chemicals, including excessive amounts of the heavy metal lead.
• As many as 10,000 chemicals in the form of solvents, emulsifiers, and preservatives are used in food processing and storage.
• The government has tallied 5,000 chemical ingredients in cosmetics; more than 3,200 chemicals added to food; 1,010 chemicals used in 11,700 consumer products; and 500 chemicals used as active ingredients in pesticides.
When dealing with certain populations that may have incredibly poor diet and mental challenges come into play it is important to realize that if you can improve the nutrition in their diet that you can make dramatic impacts on their mental health. This has been proven in cases where they have taken mentally challenged patients off of white refined sugar and found that most of their deviant behavior subsides. This is discussed in detail in the book “Sugar Blues.” It is also important to note that dramatic improvements in mental clarity, energy, mood and many other areas have been noted when individuals have embraced the enzymatically-live food Isagenix which is discussed in detail in Christine’s book ‘My Body Cleanse.” The most important point to understand and educate our key demographic is that the essence of long term health you must provide the body with the proper fuel it needs and when you do, it is literally designed to heal itself.